Vegetables are one of the most nutritious foods we can eat, but sometimes we run out of ideas to cook them.
That is why we bring you this recipe for vegetables cooked in a hotpot, which are so easy to make that you will not even feel like you are making any kind of effort.
It is perfect for people who do not like to spend a lot of time in the kitchen or are not the master chefs in their city. You can hit the boiled vegetable (or soup) button and the hotpot will do all the work for you.
Continue scrolling down this article where we will tell you everything you need to know about this hotpot vegetable recipe.
How to make Vegetable Hot Pot with an Electric Hot Pot
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 40 minutes
Total time: 50 minutes
- 2 green onions
- 2 leeks
- 2 celery sticks
- 2 carrot
- 1 onion
- 4 pumpkin squash slices
- 2 medium potatoes
- 1 round zucchini
- 2 vegetable stock cubes
- 1 liter water
- Cut celery, greens, and port and add to the pot.
- Add the carrot and onion and cut them into pieces. You can choose the size you want.
- Then add the squash, pumpkin, and bouillon cubes.You can also cut them in the size that you like.
- Finally add the potato cut into cubes and cover with the water.
- Cover the hotpot and program, in this case, you must put it in vegetable mode.
- If you don’t have a hotpot, you can cook it in the traditional way, cooking over low heat for approximately 1 hour from the time it comes to a boil.
How to adjust the ingredients of the Vegetable Hot Pot with an Electric Hot Pot
Basically, this recipe consists of putting vegetables in a hotpot and letting the pot do the work, this already shows you that you can choose any type of vegetable that comes to mind.
You can use more peppers, add sweet potato, garlic, broccoli, cabbage, or whatever comes to mind.
Instead of water, you can choose to use 500 ml of vegetable broth and 500 ml of water, in order to give the vegetables more flavor but avoid the recipe being too salty.
Is there a way to add more flavor to the Vegetable Hot Pot with an Electric Hot Pot
The vegetables are the true stars of this dish, but there are different ingredients that you can add if you want it to be an explosion of flavors.
For example, you can add two tablespoons of honey if you are looking for a sweet and sour combination since the honey gives sweetness but also brings out the flavors of the vegetables.
You can use half water and half broth if you are looking for more flavorful vegetables. The advantage of using broth is that it enters the vegetables by osmosis, transforming them into flavor bombs.
Then there are other ways to add flavor that you can apply when you serve the vegetables, I will talk about it later.
How to serve the Vegetable Hot Pot with an Electric Hot Pot
This dish has the advantage of being served as a main dish, as a side dish, or it can even be a complement to another type of meal.
For example, you can serve it with pasta or rice, although in that case, I recommend you make a little fewer vegetables, or keep in mind that there will be more portions.
You can also serve it with steak, chicken, or fish. They are vegetables that go very well with white fish such as hake.
You can also have some sauces to add to the vegetables at the time of eating them. For example, you can throw a splash of soy sauce on top, or whatever comes to mind.
Another classic way to serve vegetables cooked in this way is to put a little cheese on top, and gratin it.
The good thing is that you can choose to serve it cold or hot since they are cooked vegetables. For the winter it is perfect to warm up, and they can be transformed into a salad for the summer.
How to store Vegetable Hot Pot with an Electric Hot Pot
There are different ways in which you can store these vegetables, mainly you can do it in the refrigerator or frozen in the freezer.
We do not recommend that they be frozen, since the grace of vegetables is that they are fresh, and if you freeze them this is lost.
However, you can freeze them, it’s not that they will taste bad, they will just lose a bit of freshness.
Let them come to room temperature (less than an hour out of the fridge), then store them in a covered container, and you can freeze them for up to a month.
You can also keep them in the fridge for 5 days. This is the best storage option.
In this case, being a few days, they do not lose their freshness, and can last a long time.
The good thing about storage forms is that they allow you to reinvent vegetables, and use them for other recipes such as pasta, soups, or meat accompaniments.
- In case you don’t have a hotpot, you can use a common pot and put it on medium heat or something on your stove. It should take from 40 minutes to 70 minutes to cook.
- You can check with the help of a fork or a toothpick if the vegetables are in the right texture for you.
- You can use any type of vegetables you want. You can learn more about this in the ingredients adjustments section.
- You can replace half of the water with vegetable broth if you want the vegetables to have more flavor.
- The indicated portion is a small bowl, but you can eat as much as you want.