Few foods are as comforting as Lamb Hot Pot with Tomato Sauce and a Fried Egg. It is an ideal meal to eat and fill you with all the energy you need.
Some people don’t like to cook lamb as it often requires slow cooking to get a tender texture, but luckily the electric hotpot comes to the rescue.
The hotpot helps the cooking to be faster, and you only have to put everything in the pot, press a button, stir from time to time and that’s it.
Continue reading this article where we will dedicate all our attention to the Lamb Hot Pot with Tomato Sauce and a Fried Egg recipe, and we will show you how you can make it in an electric hotpot.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 90 minutes
Total time: 110 minutes
- 700 grams of chopped lamb shoulders
- 1 potato
- 1 onion
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 tomato
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 4 tablespoons of flour
- 1 glass of red wine
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1 sprig of rosemary
- 1 teaspoon of chorizo pepper pulp
- 4 eggs
- Start by peeling the onion and cutting it into small cubes. Wash the green pepper, remove the stem and cut it into cubes. Peel and slice the garlic cloves.
- Cut the tomato in half, grate it and discard the skin.
- Put a splash of olive oil in the hotpot and, when it is hot, add the lamb, and a little salt and let it brown. Remove the lamb to a plate.
- Next, add the onion, green pepper, garlic, rosemary, and a pinch of salt to the same pot. Stir and cook for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. When the vegetables are golden, add the flour, the tomato, and the chorizo pepper pulp and stir.
- Add the lamb and stir. Pour in the red wine and water. Stir.
- Cover the pot and let everything cook for about 90 minutes at low temperature in the hotpot.
- After this time, remove from heat and turn the knob to the “remove steam” position. When it comes down, open the pot.
- Fry the eggs. There are 4 listed, but do as many as the portions that you are serving.
- Serve the stewed lamb with potatoes and the fried egg on top of each plate.
How to adjust the ingredients of the Lamb Hot Pot with Tomato Sauce and a Fried Egg with an Electric Hot Pot
To make this recipe you can make any type of change that comes to mind, from adding more vegetables to changing the meat.
Instead of lamb, you can choose to use pork, chicken, or beef, or even eliminate it completely to make it a vegetarian recipe.
If you like it to have a strong tomato flavor you can add 2 cups of tomato sauce, although make sure to add a tablespoon of sugar to combat the acidity.
You can add other vegetables, like carrot, squash, zucchini, sweet potato, basically anything you can think of.
If you want to, you can avoid using wine, you just have to replace it with a glass of vegetable or beef broth.
Is there a way to add more flavor to the Lamb Hot Pot with Tomato Sauce and a Fried Egg with an Electric Hot Pot
Let me assure you that this dish is already full of flavor, between the vegetables, the wine, and the lamb, there is not much else you can do.
However, you can add other seasonings or sauces to give this stew different flavor profiles, though keep in mind that this involves a few changes from the original recipe.
You can play around with the seasonings, adding paprika, turmeric, onion and garlic powder, etc.
You can also add 3 tablespoons of honey to give the lamb more sweetness, it is perfect if you like sweet and sour flavors and if you are looking for a slightly thicker sauce.
This dish is made to be served with a fried egg on top, but besides that, there are other ways.
You can grate a little Parmesan cheese and throw it on top, in this way the cheese will melt, filling the lamb with flavor.
You can also accompany it with a loaf of good artisan bread or sourdough bread since the sauce is to lick your fingers.
You should always serve this dish hot, but beyond that, you can eat it with or without the egg, and at any time of the day.
To store this lamb with tomato you can store it in the freezer or in the refrigerator.
In any case, it is important that you do not store the egg, only make the egg when you are about to eat the lamb, since you cannot store a fried egg in the refrigerator or freeze it.
You should let it come to room temperature (no more than 1 hour out of the fridge), and then store it in a closed container with a lid or covered with plastic.
Then you can freeze it in the freezer for up to 30 days, or store it in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- In case you don’t have a hotpot, you can use a common pot and put it on medium heat or something on your stove. It should take from 90 minutes to 100 minutes to cook.
- You can use any type of meat and vegetables you want. You can learn more about this in the ingredients adjustments section.
- The indicated portion is a small bowl, but you can eat as much as you want.
- You can add one cup of vegetable or beef broth so the lamb hot pot has more flavor.