Black bean soup is an easy, delicious, and healthy meal. The star of this dish is obviously the black bean.
This dish can be made for any occasion, and it is so easy to whip up. Electric hot pots make it even more simple to make black bean soup.
Keep reading to learn more about black bean soup and how you can cook it in an electric hot pot.
How to Cook Black Bean Soup in an Electric Hot Pot
Black bean soup is a simple yet tasty combination of black beans, vegetables, broth, and spices. Let’s talk about some specific ingredients found in black bean soup:
- Black beans: The main ingredient in black bean soup is black beans. This is an inexpensive and nutritious ingredient that can be found at any grocery store. You can buy raw dried beans, but it is easier to buy them pre-cooked in a can.
- Vegetables: You can choose any of your favorite vegetables to include in this dish. Commonly included vegetables in black bean soup include carrots, celery, and onions. Cauliflower and potato would all be delicious in this soup as well. You don’t have to chop up the vegetables very much because they all end up getting pureed in the soup once they are cooked.
- Broth: You can use chicken, beef, or vegetable broth in black bean soup. Another equivalent option is using broth concentrate and water. It is up to you! You can even use just water if you don’t have broth on hand. However, the broth will add a deeper flavor to the soup.
- Spices and seasonings: These ingredients bring complexity to the dish. Garlic, cumin, paprika, coriander, and cayenne commonly appear in black bean soup. All of these combined create a flavor-packed soup. Of course, salt and pepper to taste are a must.
- Oil: Oil is the vehicle to get your soup started. The recommended oils are olive oil or avocado oil. You will cook your vegetables and spices in the oil to pull out flavors.
- Garnishes: You can get creative with garnishes for black bean soup. Throw whatever sounds good to you on top before serving. Excellent garnishes include cheese, sour cream, lime juice, and fresh cilantro. You can also drizzle a bit of olive oil on top of your soup.
Making black bean soup can save you time on dinner and nourish your body. Here are some of the benefits of black bean soup:
- Pantry staple ingredients: The ingredients needed to make black bean soup are common ingredients that many people have in their pantries. Don’t know what to make for dinner? You probably have everything you need to make black bean soup.
- A healthy option: Black beans have many healthy properties. They are full of nutrients such as iron, phosphorus, calcium, magnesium, copper, and potassium. These are all good for bone and heart health. Black beans are high in fiber, which is good for digestion and weight loss.
- Easy and convenient: Black bean soup is super easy to make! If you are low on energy but still want a warm nourishing meal, black bean soup is a good option.
- Delicious: Black bean soup is tasty. It is great as a main meal or a side dish. It will impress any guests or family members who try it.
Why cook black bean soup in an electric hot pot?
Traditionally, you make black bean soup in a dutch oven or soup pot. In total, black bean soup takes about an hour to cook without an electric hot pot. With an electric hot pot, you can make black beam soup in around 30-45 minutes.
With an electric hot pot, you cook the black bean soup all in one pot. First, saute your vegetables and spices, then add and cook the rest of the ingredients and puree them all within the electric hot pot. Electric hot pots are also useful for keeping your soup warm for you.
Usually, there are just a few buttons on an electric hot pot. Electric hot pots are so simple to use that even kids could use them. We highly recommend using electric hot pots to make black bean soup.
If you buy an electric hot pot for black bean soup, you can use it over and over again for all types of meals. Invest in one of the following hot pots to advance your cooking capabilities.
- HYTRIC Electric Hot Pot (2.5L): This is a great hot pot for black bean soup because it has multiple functions, is easy to use, and can cook soup for 2-4 people.
- Topwit Electric Hot Pot (5L): This electric hot pot looks beautiful on your kitchen counter, and it can cook for a larger crowd. It is fast heating, non-stick, and has great reviews.
- Design Electric Hot Pot (1.6L): This is the least expensive hot pot and is great for cooking black bean soup for 2 people. It is versatile, compact, and high quality. It also has a keep warm feature. If you want to prepare your soup ahead of time to have later, this pot will keep it warm for you.
Black bean soup is an easy, convenient, delicious, and nutritious meal. Usually, it is cooked on a stovetop, but an electric hot pot can make it even quicker and easier.
To make black bean soup in an electric hot pot, you just have to prepare your ingredients, and you don’t even have to chop the vegetables very much because they get pureed anyway.
Then, add your ingredients to the pot and make the entire soup inside one electric hot pot. Once you try cooking black bean soup in an electric pot, it will become a repeat dish in your household.
Your whole family will be asking for more. Don’t say we didn’t warn you!